Nine HGP student-athletes see college dreams come true
With family members, coaches, teachers, and the entire student body sitting in the bleachers cheering them on at the annual senior college commitment assembly in the Firebird Fieldhouse on April 27, Holy Ghost Prep athletic director Jim Stewart proudly announced where nine HGP student-athletes formally will continue their academic and athletic careers in the fall.
The nine members of the Class of 2017 who have committed to play sports at college and universities (in alphabetical order) are:
- Kevin Dineen, Fordham University (cross country/track and field)
- Zach Geiser, La Salle University (rowing)
- Samuel Huslin, Bucknell University (track and field)
- Jack LaRosa, Chestnut Hill College (golf)
- Callahan Lennon, Temple University (cross country/track and field)
- Walter Marcinkowski, Marywood University (swimming)
- John McCrane, University of the Sciences (baseball)
- Bobby McLoughlin, University of Scranton (swimming)
- Conor Sablich, Moravian College (lacrosse)
“This is a great day for these nine student-athletes, their families, and everyone here at Holy Ghost Prep,” said Stewart. “These young men have represented Holy Ghost Prep with class, and I look forward to their continued success at the collegiate level.
“It takes a tremendous amount of perseverance and hard work to hone your skills enough to become a college athlete. I can honestly say that I am as proud of who these young men are as I am of their achievements.”