Holy Ghost Prep holds 2017 Career Day
On September 22, Holy Ghost Prep held its annual Career Day which provided the Class of 2019 with the opportunity to learn about different careers from a distinguished group of six HGP alumni.
“Holy Ghost has produced thousands of impressive graduates,” says Holy Ghost President Gregory J. Geruson ’79. “It’s quite powerful for our current students to see people who were once in their shoes at Holy Ghost and who have gone on to experience great success since leaving here.
“We are truly thankful to these alumni for taking time out of their busy schedules to give back to the Class of 2019—and to Holy Ghost.”
Groups of juniors spent 20 minutes meeting with each HGP alum, leaving with a deep reservoir of career advice by morning’s end.
The six alumni speakers at the Sept. 22 Career Day were:
- Marty Connor ’82, CFO, Toll Brothers
- Chris Deon ’89, global corporate controller, AgroFresh
- Chris Dorosky ’93, engineering and technology manager, Lockheed Martin
- Alex Iuliano ’10, market specialist/subject matter expert, trading data services, Thomson Reuters
- Chris Vito ’03, associate director of communications and media relations, Temple University’s Fox School of Business
- Ed Walsh ’95, independent writer and consultant to senior leaders in business and government
During their presentations, each Holy Ghost Prep alumnus talked about his experiences in his chosen field and how his time at Holy Ghost uniquely prepared him to succeed.