Holy Ghost Prep holds annual Career Day for its senior class
On October 11, Holy Ghost Prep held its annual Career Day for its senior class which provided the Class of 2018 with the opportunity to learn about different careers from a distinguished group of nine HGP alumni.
“Holy Ghost has produced thousands of impressive graduates,” says Holy Ghost President Gregory J. Geruson ’79. “It’s quite powerful for our current students to see people who were once in their shoes at Holy Ghost and who have gone on to experience great success since leaving here.
“We are truly thankful to these alumni for taking time out of their busy schedules to give back to the Class of 2018—and to Holy Ghost.”
After a brief introductory talk by lawyer Joe Pargola ’96 about the collective power of the HGP alumni association, groups of seniors spent 10-15 minutes meeting with each HGP alumni speaker, leaving with a deep reservoir of career advice by morning’s end.
The nine alumni speakers at the Oct. 11 Career Day were:
- Brett Antosh ’09, online content coordinator, Pep Boys
- Brian Begley ’91, partner and portfolio manager, Philadelphia Investment Partners
- Joseph Burns ’03, chief technology officer, TeePublic
- Michael Cavanaugh ’01, securities vice president and director of production, Apogee Insurance Group
- Tim Flocco ’95, power trader, NRG Energy
- Michael Klucsik ’11, designer, JKRP Architects
- Alex Kuhn ’11, artist, Alex Kuhn Art
- Matt Mullin ’05, sports reporter/web producer, PhillyVoice.com
- Andrew Romano ’99, financial advisor, Strategies for Wealth
During their presentations, each Holy Ghost Prep alumnus talked about his experiences in his chosen field and how his time at Holy Ghost uniquely prepared him to succeed.