Holy Ghost Prep sets Giving Tuesday record
For a third consecutive year, Holy Ghost Prep set a record on Giving Tuesday, raising $24,640 from 78 donors on Nov. 28.
This year’s Giving Tuesday campaign surpassed last year’s amount by almost $10,000.
In just its sixth year of existence, Giving Tuesday, a daylong giving campaign on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, has grown into a global movement of fundraising for non-profit organizations.
In Holy Ghost Prep’s case, each Giving Tuesday donor had the ability to direct their gift to support a particular need on the HGP’s faculty-staff wish list. This year’s Giving Tuesday generosity allowed HGP to fully fund the following wish-list needs:
- Four new easels and stools for the art room
- Over $2,200 toward scholarship grants
- A new Physiology package for the Physics lab
- A GoPro Video Camera for athletic practices and games
- A full scholarship for one student’s Mission Trip
- $675 for new athletic practice equipment
- The portable digital voice recorder for the classroom
- $600 toward the STEM camera kit for filming and photography
- $10,535 toward our Holy Ghost Prep Annual Fund
“Our goal was to reinforce that gifts of every size really do help support today’s students,” says Alexis Gettings, director of annual giving and alumni engagement. “This year’s Giving Tuesday success was possible thanks to the generous nature of our alumni, who are always willing to lend their support to Holy Ghost Prep.”