Holy Ghost Prep holds 2016 Career Day
On September 23, Holy Ghost Prep held its annual Career Day which provided the Class of 2018 with the opportunity to learn about careers in medicine, aerospace and defense engineering, law/government affairs, accounting, motion picture and TV production, marketing, entrepreneurship and scientific research from a distinguished group of HGP alumni.
“Holy Ghost has produced thousands of impressive graduates,” says Holy Ghost President Gregory J. Geruson ’79. “It’s quite powerful for our current students to see people who were once in their shoes at Holy Ghost and who have gone on to experience great success since leaving here.
“We are truly thankful to these alumni for taking time out of their busy schedules to give back to the Class of 2018—and to Holy Ghost.”
In total, nine Holy Ghost Prep alums—eight were on campus in the Chapman Gymnasium and the ninth, movie and TV producer Rand Geiger ’02, joined the students via Google Hangout from Los Angeles—for Career Day. Groups of juniors spent 12 minutes meeting with each HGP alum, leaving with a deep reservoir of career advice by morning’s end.
The nine alumni speakers at the Sept. 23 Career Day were:
- Don Furmanski ’83, VP, Sales and Engineering, AMETEK Aerospace and Defense
- Sam Hellings ’83, Senior Research Scientist, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Dave Ventresca ’87, Sr. Manager, Marketing and Digital Strategy, Accenture Interactive
- Michael Gujda ’87, VP, Senior Audit Group Manager, TD Bank
- Joe Pargola ’96, Legal Specialist, New Jersey Department of Children and Families
- Thomas DiEnna, D.O. ’96, Emergency Room Physician, Doylestown Hospital
- Rand Geiger ’02, Film and TV Producer
- Lenwood Greenwood ’04, Data Analyst, Comcast Business
- Grant Cooper ’11, CEO/Entrepreneur, Social Vantage
During their presentations, each Holy Ghost alum talked about his experiences in his chosen field and how their time at Holy Ghost prepared them to succeed.
“Any time I’m here at Holy Ghost, I feel like I am coming home,” said Joe Pargola ’96. “Any success that I’ve enjoyed in my life, the foundation for it was laid here at Holy Ghost. I was happy to have the opportunity to speak to the current Holy Ghost students and to offer them some advice and guidance. It’s nice to give back to Holy Ghost, a place that has given me so much.”
That same day, three additional Holy Ghost alums (Dr. Bryan Pirolli '04, Patrick Cummings '98 and Brendan Mahoney'13) spoke to members of the HGP freshmen class via Google Hangout on the importance of studying world languages from Europe, Hong Kong and Philadelphia, respectively.