Available Summer/Fall 2013: Director/Associate Director of College Counseling
The Director/Associate Director of College Counseling will work with an established team and continue to craft, articulate and implement a long-term vision for the college counseling program. Through regularly scheduled guidance classes and individual meetings with students the Director/Associate Director of College Counseling will help organize and implement a college search, application and admissions program for junior and senior students and their parents. The primary role of this position is to serve as an active advocate on behalf of students in helping them get into their college of interest. The Director/Associate Director of College Counseling will be included in various academic committees that oversee student interests and the curriculum as well as assist in the admissions process and interview process of Holy Ghost Preparatory school.
The Director/Associate Director of College Counseling
- Provides confidential counseling of students and their families.
- Teaches regularly scheduled guidance classes.
- maintains membership in professional organizations and attends relevant workshops, seminars and conferences;
- Organizes, reviews and implements a program which guides the students through the college search, application and admission process.
- Writes letters of recommendation for seniors and networks with admissions personnel at colleges of interest to students.
- Coordinates meetings with college representatives (both on campus and off to extend and promote HGP and its students.
- Plans and conducts meetings for parents to explain the college, scholarship and financial aid application processes.
- Produces and promotes, in conjunction with the Principal, the School Profile which accompanies transcripts sent to colleges.
- Administers educational experiences for juniors and seniors beyond the school community, such as the Pennsylvania Governor's Schools, the Archdiocesan Scholar's Program, PRIME/PRISM, and other programs.
- Serves as the school's liaison with the Educational Testing Service for the administration of the College Board Exams, including PSAT, SAT I and II tests, helps proctor advanced placement testing, and schedules SAT preparation courses.
- Directs the compilation and in-house publication of various end-of-year reports regarding the graduating class, such as colleges accepting our graduates, colleges in which the members of the class have enrolled, and scholarships and grants received by the graduating class.
- Assists in the admissions process; more specifically, in the interview process of prospective candidates.
- Serves as a member of the Placement Committee, Academic Committee, the Awards Committee, and the Principal’s Council.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Evidence of educational leadership
- Master's Degree in Education, Counseling or Student Development
- Excellent organizational, managerial and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication with students, faculty and parents, including presentations
- Experience with college counseling in a high school and/or college admissions preferred.
- Strong knowledge of colleges, their academic programs, admission policies, and financial policies and procedures.
- Experience working with Naviance.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
About Holy Ghost Preparatory School
Holy Ghost Preparatory School, founded by members of the Congregation of the Holy Ghost, the Spiritans, is a private Catholic school dedicated to the quality education of college-bound young men. With Christ at the center, Holy Ghost Preparatory School aspires to form young men morally, intellectually, and spiritually in the Spiritan tradition. This tradition fosters the development of community in "one heart and one mind," the cultivation of each student's unique gifts, academic excellence, and generous service to the poor.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and statement of intent by April 1 to:
Jeffrey Danilak, Principal
Holy Ghost Preparatory School
2429 Bristol Pike
Bensalem, PA 19020
Applicants interested in faculty positions may submit resumes to:
Holy Ghost Preparatory SchoolAttn: Principal's Office2429 Bristol PikeBensalem, PA 19020or email: email@example.com
Holy Ghost Prep is a selective college preparatory school for young men in the Spiritan tradition, emphasizing community, academic excellence, and generous service to the poor. It is located on a 50-acre campus in Bensalem, PA, close to both the Woodhaven Road and Street Road exits of I-95.