Summary and Achievements: The HGP Class of 2011
The Class of 2011 was a class of many talents and their talents led to significant academic and scholarship achievements.
The 126 young men from three dozen communities in Pennsylvania and New Jersey will attend 57 Colleges, Universities and Service Academies in 16 different states, from Vermont to Florida to California. Among those colleges nationally are the University of Pennsylvania, New York University, UNC, The Citadel, Berklee College of Music, Yale, Boston College, Georgetown, Pepperdine, Redlands, Elon, Clemson and Bentley. Within the mid-Atlantic region, graduates will study at Penn State, St. Joseph’s, La Salle, Delaware, Temple, Drexel, Duquesne, and Bucknell and Widener.
An education at Holy Ghost Prep offers students a range of academic and even economic choices as they approach college. The Class earned $18,200,000 in total current documented grants and assistance, each student earning more than $170,000 in aid. 92% of the class has received some form of merit-based grant in academics, athletics, or leadership and service.
The Class has completed more than 4,000 hours of service to the community and more than 1500 hours of service to the HGP community.
· 11% of the class recognized in National Merit Scholarship Competition
· 40% of the class named as AP Scholars
· 61% of the entire class achieve AP college credit
Some highlights of their extracurricular achievements include:
· Team State Champions in Forensics 15th out of 17th year
· National Catholic Forensics League Top Five Speech and Debate School in the Nation
· National Catholic Regional Outstanding Team in International Math Modeling Competition
· 7 League Championships out of 12 sports in competition during the 2008-09 year
· PIAA District One Sportsmanship Award
· 10 All-Catholic, All-District, and All-State Selections in Music
· 12 Regional and State Award Winners in Visual Arts