FACULTY AND STAFF OPENINGS:
Forensics (Speech and Debate Coach)
Holy Ghost Prep, an all-boys, college preparatory school in Bensalem, PA for grades 9th through 12th, seeks a Forensics (Speech and Debate) coach to begin August 2022. This position involves coaching students on our nationally renowned forensics team. For external candidates seeking a full-time position, check out our teaching openings for the 2022-23 school year.
Ideal candidates will possess:
Forensics coaching experience strongly preferred
Full-Time member of HGP community strongly preferred (Social Studies teacher job opening)
Advanced understanding of national trends for performances
Strong ability to build relationships with current leaders in the speech and debate community
- Excellent knowledge of preparing students for local and national competitions
Strong leaderships skills and ability to coach young men
Ability to confer with parents and students in a cooperative effort to understand and encourage progress
Understanding and appreciation of the mission of Holy Ghost Prep and a willingness to promote Spiritan values
Highest level of ethical and professional behavior and standards, acting as a role model for students
Holy Ghost Prep seeks staff members who bring diverse skills and knowledge, a willingness to learn new things, and an appreciation for collaboration with students. At HGP, all staff members are active community members who share in the general support and care of the school community and participate in community service and overnight trips among other activities.
Holy Ghost Prep is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Mrs. Pat Esposito, Assistant to the Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Ghost Preparatory School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
ATHLETIC STAFF OPENINGS
JV Head Lacrosse Coach
Holy Ghost Prep has an opening for a JV Head Lacrosse coach this spring. The candidate should have a desire to work with student-athletes, be enthusiastic, patient, organized, mature, dependable, and responsible. The candidate must be available for the times of games, practices, and meetings. The candidate should have knowledge of the rules and fundamentals of lacrosse and excellent communication skills. In addition, knowledge of the PIAA rules and playing or coaching experience is preferred
Send cover letters and resumes to Craig Conlin, HGP’s athletic director, at email@example.com.
Assistant High School Boys Rowing Coach
Holy Ghost Prep Rowing is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated assistant coach to assist with our boys rowing team. Coaches are expected to build within their athletes a strong sense of leadership, teamwork, accountability, and responsibility; demonstrating our culture on a daily basis. One Heart, One Mind, One Crew. We have a strong culture that embodies the love of rowing, the love of the process, which leads to great results. The assistant coach will help the program continually work towards becoming City Champions, Mid-Atlantic Champions and Youth Nationals contenders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Under Leadership of Head Coach
* Organize and lead on-water practices and off-water practices; providing direct coaching and technical feedback, with a shared emphasis on individual and overall boat improvement.
* Supervising team and leading crews at regattas in the fall and spring
* Supervising and leading crews at learn to row camp in the summer.
* Be a role model that embodies the standards and values of our team, and provides positive leadership.
* Ensure every rower gets the attention and coaching that is needed to make rowing a rewarding experience.
* Ensure all applicable HGP policies, safety rules, and the school’s code of conduct are followed by all coaches and team members.
* Complete and stay up to date on SafeSport Training, in accordance with USRowing policies
* Part-time contract position (no benefits).
* Practice sessions are typically Tues - Fri afternoons, and Saturday mornings; schedules can be flexible depending on coaches’ availability
* Winter training Mon-Thurs afternoons, weekends off expect for any team event or erg races
* Prefer Collegiate rowing experience or 4 years at competitive high school program as a varsity athlete.
* Looking to hire by August 1st
Assistant Track and Field Coach Opening: Throws Coach, Indoor Track & Field and Outdoor Track & Field
*Reports to the athletic director
*3-5 years coaching or relevant experience
*The hours are as follows:
Indoor Track & Field: Beginning November, 2022 and ending approximately late February/Early March: Available from 2:45 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday and for Saturday Invitationals or Meets
Outdoor Track & Field: Beginning March, 2023 and ending Memorial Day Weekend: Available from 2:45 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and for Saturday Invitationals or Meets
*Will adhere to the philosophies of the head coach
*Will complete all required certifications and training as required by Holy Ghost Prep
*All interested candidates will send a cover letter and resume to Athletic Director Craig Conlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Ghost Preparatory School is seeking two van drivers to transport some of our athletic teams. Qualified candidates should contact Gump Whiteside, HGP's assistant director of the Holt Center and Facilities, at email@example.com. Background clearances will be required.