Course Registration 2022-23
Course registration for the 2022-23 school year runs from Monday, February 7 to Friday, March 25.
Each class has a dedicated two-week time frame for course selection and registration, which are listed below. During his class's dedicated time frame, each student will meet individually with his assigned college counselor to pick his classes for the 2022-23 school year. Each student will be scheduled for his individual meeting by his counselor and made aware of the time directly through email and Schoology.
Before his individual meeting, the student should review and complete the Course Selection Survey and submit any AP Course Request forms. Course Selection Surveys and AP Course Request forms are available below.
- Most next-year course requests are based on teacher recommendation. Teachers will communicate directly to students their suggested placement for the 2022-23 school year before each class's registration time frame begins. The student will then complete the Course Selection Survey based on those recommendations.
- Some AP classes require prerequisites and departmental approval. If a student wants to request any of the following AP classes, he MUST fill out the appropriate AP Course Request form. Students cannot request an AP course below without submitting the appropriate form. The request will be reviewed by the department chairperson, teachers, and Dean of Academics.
- AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Physics, AP CS Principles, AP CSA, Data Analysis and Machine Learning, AP Econ, AP Gov, AP Psych, AP Stats, and AP Seminar
- Enrollment in all other AP courses is based on teacher recommendation.
During his individual meeting, the student and his counselor will review the completed Course Selection Survey and any AP Course Request forms and build his list of course requests for the 2022-23 school year. At the conclusion of the meeting, the student will receive a printed Course Registration Form (which consists of all his course requests for 2022-23) to be signed by both him and a parent/guardian and returned to the Academics Office for final approval.
We will do our best to grant every student's course requests, but some may not be possible due to class size, teachers' schedules and class assignments, or other constraints. Schedules for the 2022-23 school year will be available to view on PowerSchool in mid-July.
As the course registration process unfolds, please do not hesitate to contact either Ms. Dougherty (Director of College Guidance) or Mr. Hoelzle (Dean of Academics) with any questions or concerns.
Important Course Registration Dates:
- February 7 to March 25: Individual course registration meetings
- Class of 2023 (rising seniors): February 7 to February 18
- Class of 2024 (rising juniors): February 22 to March 4
- Class of 2025 (rising sophomores): March 7 to March 25
- March 28 and 29: Math, Social Studies, and World Language placement tests for the Class of 2026
- April: Course requests reviewed and any conflicts resolved
- Early May: Course requests confirmed with students
- Mid-July: Student schedules for 2022-23 posted to PowerSchool