Course Registration 2023-24
Course registration for the 2023-24 school year runs from Monday, February 6 to Friday, March 31.
Each class has a dedicated two- to three-week time frame for course selection and registration, which are listed below. During his class's dedicated time frame, each student will meet individually with his assigned college counselor to pick his classes for the 2023-24 school year. Each student will be scheduled for his individual meeting by his counselor and made aware of the time directly through email and Schoology.
Before his individual meeting, the student should review and complete the Course Selection Survey and submit any AP Course Request forms. Course Selection Surveys and AP Course Request forms are available below.
- Most next-year course requests are based on teacher recommendation. Teachers will communicate directly to students their suggested placement for the 2023-24 school year before each class's registration time frame begins. The student will then complete the Course Selection Survey based on those recommendations prior to his individual counselor meeting.
- Some AP classes require prerequisites and departmental approval. If a student wants to request any of the following AP classes, he MUST fill out the appropriate AP Course Request form, which is available below. Students cannot request an AP course below without submitting the appropriate form. The request will be reviewed by the department chairperson, teachers, and Dean of Academics.
- AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Physics, AP CS Principles, AP CSA, Artificial Intelligence, AP Econ, AP Psych, AP Stats, and AP Seminar
- Enrollment in all other AP courses is based on teacher recommendation.
During his individual meeting, the student and his counselor will review the completed Course Selection Survey and any AP Course Request forms and build his list of course requests for the 2023-24 school year. At the conclusion of the meeting, the student will receive a printed Course Registration Form (which consists of all his course requests for 2023-24) to be signed by both him and a parent/guardian and returned to the Academics Office for final approval.
We will do our best to grant every student's course requests, but some may not be possible due to class size, teachers' schedules and class assignments, or other constraints. Schedules for the 2023-24 school year will be available to view on PowerSchool in mid-July.
As the course registration process unfolds, please do not hesitate to contact either Mrs. Reteneller (Director of College Guidance) or Mr. Hoelzle (Dean of Academics) with any questions or concerns.
Important Course Registration Dates:
- February 2: Informational meeting for the Classes of 2024 and 2025 at 6:00pm in the Chapel
- February 6 to March 31: Individual course registration meetings
- Class of 2024 (rising seniors): February 6 to February 24
- Class of 2025 (rising juniors): February 27 to March 15
- Class of 2026 (rising sophomores): March 20 to March 31
- March 2: Informational meeting for Class of 2026 at 6:00pm in the Chapel
- March 27 and 28: Math, Social Studies, and World Language placement tests for the Class of 2027
- April: Course requests reviewed and any conflicts resolved
- Early May: Course requests confirmed with students
- Mid-July: Student schedules for 2023-24 posted to PowerSchool