Ghost Summer courses offer something for every HGP student—whether that's the chance to earn academic (GPA) credit for the 2022-23 academic year, pursue additional enrichment experiences, diversify his academic resume, or gain an extra free period. The courses cover a wide range of topics, from journalism to mythology and from finance to robotics. A printable version of the Ghost Summer course brochure, which includes a comprehensive list of course offerings, descriptions, and dates, can be found HERE.
There are three sessions, beginning June 13, July 5, and July 25, respectively. Each course is either three or six weeks and is worth a half or full credit. When you take a Ghost Summer course, you will get academic (GPA) credit for it and it will appear on your HGP transcript. Each course is either online self-paced, synchronous online, hybrid (a mix of synchronous virtual meetings, individual asynchronous work, and/or on-campus meetings), or entirely on-campus.
In addition to a number of electives and credit remediation, there are five core classes that are offered during Ghost Summer: Geometry Honors, Physics Honors, Sexuality and Dating, Morality, and World Religion. Taking one of these core courses during Ghost Summer fulfills the respective requirement during the 2022-23 academic year. Because taking one of these core courses will free up a class period in your schedule during the academic year, you can replace it with another elective or an Open Study.
Please contact Mr. Patrick Hoelzle '01, Dean of Academics, at email@example.com with any questions about Ghost Summer.
- Competitive Performance Prep - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Credit Remediation - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Design Thinking - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Finance and Investment - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Financial Literacy - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Geometry Honors - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Ghost Foundations - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Journalism - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Morality - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Mythology - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Physics Honors - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Sexuality and Dating - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Sophomore Survival Skills - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- VEX Robotics - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- World Religion - REGISTRATION CLOSED