What is Naviance?
Naviance is an industry-leading software that allows students and parents to chart a path toward graduation while achieving college and workplace readiness.
- Is an online resource that supports college applications
- Is customized to HGP students
- Compares colleges using HGP-specific data
- Links to Naviance Succeed, a service for counselors to keep records, submit school paperwork, and track applications
- Shows the schedule of college visits
What is Family Connection?
Family Connection, powered by Naviance, is a web-based service designed especially for schools. Family Connection is a comprehensive website that students and parents can use to help in making decisions about courses, colleges, and careers.
Family Connection is an integral part of the college guidance program at Holy Ghost.
Among its many features, it allows you to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete on-line personality and career interest surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Sign up for college visits – Find out which colleges are visiting our school and sign up to attend these sessions.(For juniors and seniors only)
- Family Connection also lets us share information with students and parents about upcoming meetings and events, local scholarship opportunities, and other Web resources for college and career information. Check it out!
- As a senior naviance is the only way to request transcripts be sent to the colleges to which he is applying. This process will be reviewed in College Guidance class.
We provide both students and parents with a personal access code and instructions for accessing Family Connection on Naviance.
Every freshman is given a Naviance Registration Code in Freshman guidance class second semester.
Parents will be provided with a registration code usually by the end of their sons freshman year. This will allow access for the tools to research colleges and information about what is happening at HGP such as when college admissions representatives are visiting.