We encourage all parents, students and supporters of HGP athletics to attend as many games as possible. It has been our tradition to be supportive, no matter what the outcome of the game may be. Please review these guidelines and bring your positive attitude to all Holy Ghost home or away contests.
- Applause during introduction of players, coaches and officials.
- Players shaking hands with opponents who foul out while both sets of fans recognize the player’s performance with applause.
- Accept all decisions of officials.
- Cheerleaders lead fans in positive school yells in a positive manner. - Handshakes between participants and coaches at the end of a contest, regardless of the outcome.
- Treat competition as a game, not a war.
- Coaches/Players search out and congratulate opposing participant or coach.
- Applause at the end of a contest for performances of all participants.
- Everyone showing concern for an injured player, regardless of the team.
- Encourage only sportsmanlike conduct.
- Disrespectful or derogatory yells, chants, songs or gestures.
- Booing or heckling an official’s decision.
- Criticizing officials in any way; displays of temper with an official’s call.
- Yells that antagonize opponents.
- Refusing to shake hands or give recognition for good performances.
- Blaming loss of game on an official, coaches or participants.
- Taunting or name-calling to distract an opponent.
- Use of profanity or displays of anger that draw attention away from the game.
- Entering the field or court during a contest.